Sunday, February 4, 2007

I spent most of this weekend setting up my room at Gerald's place. Our other roommate, Matt, doesn't have a job, per se. Gerald says he buys and sells stuff online.

On Saturday there were a bunch of bikes in our kitchen, and some guy with a van came by later in the day to pick them up. Matt showed up with four snare drums later that afternoon.

Gerald said one time Matt came home with a bunch of tropical birds - macaws and such - and had a real hard time getting rid of them. He said they made tons of noise and stank up the apartment crapping all over the place.

Given that neither Matt or Gerald own a computer with an internet connection, I'm really wondering how Matt moves this merchandise.

On Friday, I finally got to meet Tom, my manager. I guess he was at some management seminar all week.

I thought Fitzy was joking about him not being able to be around microwaves, but then he took off at 11:45 and didn't come back until a little after one. Our cubes are right next to the break room, and Tom doesn't want to be too close when people start reheating their lunch.

Later on that day, he just sort of started spacing out in his cube, and Fitzy told me to watch as he was bound to "rev up" at any moment. Tom ended up snapping out of it pretty quickly, and you could tell Fitzy was bummed.

He said someone was probably just heating up water for tea or something.

No comments: