Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This morning I walked in on Matt's girlfriend while she was peeing. I turned back into my room pretty quickly and stubbed my toe real bad on that stupid crate.

It was bleeding, and I had to sit on my bed and wait for her to get done before I could get a band-aid on it.

Matt said he had a "buyer" for the steak knives coming tomorrow. I guess he gave up on waiting for the owner to come forward.

Today this guy at work was celebrating his birthday. Someone dropped a manila folder off at my desk with a card in it for me to sign.

I was one of the last people to get the card, so all the good birthday well wishes were taken ("Happy Birthday", "Happy B-Day" and "Happy [whatever your age is]st"). I think a whole lot of hand wringing could be saved if everyone would just agree to write their name under whatever salutation the card company saw fit to place on the inside.

Neither Gerald nor I knew the guy very well, so we decided to get creative. We figured they wouldn't be able to figure out which Gerald wrote what if it ever got back to us.

I wrote "May you have many more" and Gerald wrote, "Stay Gold!"

Later on they had cake for him, and Sue said we could each take shifts getting off the phone to grab a slice and bring it back to our desks with us. We don't normally have cake for birthdays, but Fitzy told me it was because he had a bout with cancer that went into remission a little over a month ago.

I guess I could have picked a better phrase than "May you have many more."

No comments: