Thursday, February 8, 2007

Today the old driver picked us up at the remote lot. Gerald sat shotgun and they traded stories about Tijuana.

I sat next to Reynaldo, who I haven't really talked to since training. He said his desk is kind of isolated, as Sue keeps her door shut all of the time.

He also said a guy from the mail room uses the phone in the empty cube next to his to call his AA sponsor. Reynaldo said he heard the guy telling a story about having to go to the emergency room after drinking hairspray.

As wrong as it is, I'm glad Reynaldo doesn't know enough about anything to know not to repeat that story.

Gerald keeps hinting that we're not going to have to park in the remote lot for much longer. I don't know why he won't just come out and tell me what he has going on. It's really annoying.

My bet is his plan is for us to take the bus to work.

Manager Tom was listening in on our calls today. He was sending e-mails to me as I was talking with a caller telling me what I was saying wrong. His suggestions were full of spelling errors.

He had a big problem with your/you're and their/there/they're.

"Your pausing too long. Theirs too much dead air."

I heard him yelling at Gerald for telling callers our systems were down when they weren't.

Later on he sent out an e-mail telling people to get back on the phones, and said "WERE ARE VERY BUST". Gerald and I spent the rest of the day using the word "bust" in front of him.

"I'm sorry Tom, but I'm far to bust to QC my own trade sheets."

"I'll take a shorter break today. I know how bust we are!"

I went out with Gerald and Matt after work for a few beers. They were going bowling after, but I thought I'd go home and watch TV.

I arrived home to a living room filled with fake Christmas trees. I ended up going to bed instead.

No comments: