Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Angela sent out an e-mail this morning telling everyone there was banana bread in the kitchen.

I've never been a fan of banana bread. It's like cake that went to dessert school and dropped out before the course on having flavor.

She sent out the same e-mail about 45 minutes later. I walked by the kitchen and it looked like no one had touched it.

A half an hour after that she sent out the same e-mail again. Sue responded with an e-mail letting everyone know that e-mail was for business purposes only.

Later that day, Angela was using the fax machine in front of my cube. She asked me if I had tried any of her banana bread, but I held up my finger and started talking as if I had someone on the phone. Then my phone rang.

I tried to pretend like I was putting my imaginary caller on hold, but she just stood and stared at me for a bit.

She turned to ask Gerald, and he told her he couldn't have banana bread due to a potassium sensitivity issue.

I saw her ask a few other people over the course of the day. I imagine she baked poison into it and was out to kill us all, as she was pushing the stuff like Kool-Aid at Jonestown.

I had my break with Oscar this afternoon. He was talking about how the vending machine gave him an extra bag of Cheetos by mistake.

He said he wondered if they charged the person who stocked the vending machine for this, and how they should since they should stock the machine so two bags don't come out at the same time, and how, then again, they probably factor that into their budget as these things are bound to happen.

It was less of a conversation, and more of Oscar laying out the various potential loss prevention structures of Frito-Lay while I peppered the conversation with the occassional disinterested "Yeah."

When he was done with his Cheetos, he went over to the counter and grabbed a slice of Angela's banana bread. He ate the whole slice in two bites and then grabbed another one.

As he was eating it he told me it was "the worst banana bread in the whole world".

We'll see if he shows up for work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that the same guy who drank the Tobasco sauce Tequila? Aww man, that guy must have a caste-iron stomach!!!