Sunday, January 21, 2007

This weekend I went to check out a room in Gerald's apartment. One of his roommates was moving out at the end of the month, and he needed to fill the spot quickly.

Gerald's place is in a real congested neighborhood with zero parking. I drove around awhile looking for a spot before parking in front of a crosswalk with my hazards on.

Gerald lives on the second floor of a three story building with no lights in the stairwell. A Chinese family lives on the third floor, and a couple of bodybuilders live on the first.

I could hear one of the kids on the third floor playing the violin as I walked up.

Gerald said the room I'd be moving into was the smaller of the three, so I'd end up paying less rent if I took the place. The only way to get to my room is through a closet in the bathroom.

Gerald said he knew it was kind of a shitty arrangement, but I could use the bathroom closet to keep my stuff in and they've got a system down so I wouldn't get trapped in my room when someone was taking a shower. He also said there was a fire escape outside my window I could pee off if things got grim

Gerald said his roommate Matt's girlfriend sleeps over a lot, so I'd probably want to get the system down.

I told him I'd have to think about it. He told me he'd be showing the room to a few more people today, and said I should call him as soon as I knew I was interested.

Something tells me this room will be open on Monday.

No comments: