Thursday, January 18, 2007

This morning it was freezing, so everyone was waiting in their car at the remote lot. I got out of my car as soon as I saw the shuttle coming down the street, so I ended up getting a seat towards the back of the van.

As the last person was getting on, I saw Gerald running for the van. He ended up sitting shotgun and hearing about how the driver's mom just got a new Harley.

It figures Gerald gets the story about the Harley.

As we were walking towards the office, he told me how he got really hammered with his roommate last night and was shocked he got up in time.

Gerald has a habit of interrupting Paige in the middle of our training sessions. He usually says something like "So ... is this a good time for a break, or should we just press on?"

He did this a couple of times today, and I can tell it's starting to get on Paige's nerves.

Angela has a habit of asking a lot of questions and making our classes go extra long. It's pretty annoying, as most of the time people usually have to go to the bathroom by the end. I can tell it really gets on Gerald's nerves, as he'll butt in and try and answer the question before she finishes.

Then Paige gives the correct answer, Angela asks another question, and the cycle continues. The whole thing would take a lot less time if Gerald just shut up, but I think Paige does it to get back at him for the interruptions.

It's a war of attrition that has our bladders in the crossfire.

We also had a meet-and-greet with some of the other phone reps and found out who was going to be managing us. One of the guys I met had a black eye.

I couldn't remember his first name, but everyone kept calling him 'Fitzy'.

I found out my manager was going to be Tom Oday.

Fitzy works under Tom, too, and said he has a metal plate in his head and has to stay away from running microwaves. I guess they cause him to go into these fits where he swears uncontrollably.

Fitzy said whenever he swears people start looking to see who's making popcorn.

No comments: